Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday August 15, 2009 No sewing machine

Hi,
This has been a real month for breaking sewing machines. First the Pfaff machine broke, so I got out an old Viking machine, it was doing fine and then it just stopped working. Feather weight next, it will not sew. So today on Saturday I have to go to Centeral Sewing in El Cajon with all the machines and see if they can fix one of them. I really do not want to buy a new machine, but after 10 years I guess I am forced to do that. The thing is I have the first Singer machine I ever got when I was in my 20's and it still works. It did not have any computer parts in it and it still works fine, 42 years later. I made prm dresses on that machine, I made cloths for my niece on that machine. I re covered chairs with that machine, made curtains, and hundreds of other things and it never broke.... these computer machines I think are programed to brake after so much use.

My sister told me to just sell all my fabric and go on a trip. That surely would save me alot of money, becuase without a machine, i would not spend money on fabric.
Paris is always nice at this time of year, the students are heading home for classes and things are settling down. I would get a friend to come stay in my home with my pets, and take care of them.
Well lots to think about.
I think i'll go to the beauty shop today and ponder what to do next.
Have a great day.
Nancy

No comments: