Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday. 6 29 09 Garden Quilt done.

What a week end. Started off Friday night with the lights going off at my friends home..SDG&E, did not get the electrical power back on until 10:30pm. Well, thank goodness we do have power, some places in the world they live by candles.

Also Friday my Pfaff creative 7570 sewing machine's computer broke and Pfaff does not make a new computer board for the machine as it is 10 years old. The thing is I pay close to $2000.00 for that machine. I had expected it would last longer than 10 years. My girl friend has the exact same machine and hers also broke right around 10 years. I went onto the internet and guess what there are a number of other people whose machines has also broke right around 10 years. Does Pfaff program their machines to brake at 10 years of age.. .?
The dealer wanted to sell me another Pfaff, no way. I have
other machines that I am now
using, and will use until they brake. What do you do with a Sewing Machine that does not work and cannot be fixed? Sell it for parts...?
Well Saturday my friend Gretchen came over and I started using my old Viking Sewing Machine, I spend the day with her sewing and end up finishing and ended up finishing another quilt top. Sometime after the beginning of the year I made a plan with myself That I would finish all my UFO's... before I started anything new. So far That is what I have been doing. It is amazing how much fabric I have. I'll never sew myself out of fabric in my life or my next life. However I am trying. Everyone I know is getting Quilts for Christmas yet again!.
San Diego, Ca. is into summer now for sure,.........Yesterday it was 85 degress in Spring Valley, CA. a east county part of San diego it promises to be that again today.

Sunday after church I went Quilt shop hoping, but only spend $12.00. I was such a good girl.
Well have a great quilting day.
Nancy

No comments: