Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday August 16, 2011

Hi,
I have been so busy i just cannot stand it.
Sunday I met my friend Bea Morris, a great quilter at Rosie's Quilt Shop, on the 2nd Sunday of the month Rosie has a group of wonderful woman who sew for kids with cancer called "Camp Reach for the Sky" They make quilts for kids in the Hospitals and kids who are sick, Those woman put out some pretty amazing quilts. Most of the fabric they use is donated and the woman make up their own patterns.
Well the bottom line is I got so inspired I came home and started sewing and have not stopped.
I have a bunch of quilts, like we all do that are only partly finished. So I started working on them.
I worked until almost 9:00 at night. What fun.
Monday I have the tree trimmers here and got so inspired I started planting my winter garden.

Andersen's Nursery in San Diego has the best plants, they grow big, do not die, and are just better plants.
Lately that is the only place I have been buying plants. The other place that has a name that starts with H and the second part of the name starts with a D.... you know the place... lately all the plants I have brought home from there have died.
I have planted: tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, onions, string peas, chilies, garlic, lots of new herbs, and today I am going to the airport to pick up a friend so, So I will stop again and pick up some more veges to plant.

School starts August 23th Paralegal classes, at Cuyamaca College, that means head in the books and time in the law library again until the end of December.... No time for fun. So I have got to get more things done this week.
well have a great day. Go plant a winter garden and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Nancy




No comments: