Friday, June 6, 2008

Goldmine


Goldmine my orange cat died last night June 5th.
I got Goldmine from the San Diego humane society over 18 years ago. He had a great life. I went there with my niece Rosie, she wanted a cat of her own, or maybe I wanted a cat for her. I will always remember the guy at the humane society saying
"Adopt this orange cat because if he does not find a home we have to put him down tonight", So the orange cat came home with us. We took him to the Pacific Vet clinic in north park and the Dr. said to rosy" You better find a Goldmine if you want to keep this cat", He had a bowel obstruction, a ear infection, a bad tooth, a nasalplasty ( cancer of the nose) and the list went on.
Of course we saved Goldmine!. and as the years went on things happened to Goldmine and he continued to be fixed. He put up with all the adoptions and foster kittens and cats coming and going in the house and never complained.
What a great cat he has been. He always purred and climbed right up into your lap.

Last night I had a dream he was in cat heaven and was playing with all of his past friends he has known. I think he is happy again and finally free from all his illness that he has had.

I'll see you again Goldmine.

Bye for now

Nancy



No comments: