Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Aquatic turtles

I live in the East county section of San diego. Uusally considered a dry area of the city. So last night when I heard the dogs across the street barking like something big was going on, I looked out my kitchen window and there in the middle of the street was a Turtle wondering down the middle of my street. My neighbor has two pet turtles, nieno and little guy. My first throught was how did one of her turtles get out of the front yard where she keeps them in a cage, and how did it get all the way around the back in the middle of the street.

I ran out the front door calling her and ran down to where the turtle was and picked it up. Funny it did not look like one of her pets. This turtle was red and alot bigger then hers.

Her husband Allen and Marilyn came running and said where did that come from.

They took to to the local pet store and the pet store owner told them it was a Aquatic turtle and it eats gold fish. So now my friend across the street has 3 turtles, and I am recovering from freight.

I am going to go get a picture of this turtle so you all can see it and while I am at it, I'll take a picture of the other ones.

I just never know what I am going to find wondering around on our quiet little street next.

Have a great day and watch for what you may find in the middle of your street.

Nancy

No comments: