Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 13th the sabot deal

Sabot, A small 1 -2 man sail boat.
I helped an old friend buy a sabot about 5 years ago. It was old and did not even float. It sat in my side yard for about 2-3 years before we fixed it up and then took it down to the harbor and used it to float behind his sail boat.

Monday I was called by the life guards who are in charge of the San Diego bay, and Mission bay they told me I need to come see them about the sabot. OK I went over there and was told the sabot was stolen and I had to promise to come to court or I would be put in jail. I laughed. I told them the story of the sabot and they said it was reported stolen.
The sabot was registored at my house in Mission hills. that was so we could keep it occassionaly at the beach bar in mission beach.
I am still laughing.
When I bought that boat it would not even float, it was full of holes. Everytime we tryed to put it into the bay it sank to the bottom!.
My friend and I spent weeks re-fiberglassing it and repairing it. It has been registored with the San Diego lifeguards, who control t he beach bars in mission beach for the past 3 years, they have seen it and oked it, and now after 3 years they say it was stolen!.
Life works in strange ways sometimes. Now I have to go to court with my friend and what a mess, over a $100.00 sabot.

Give me a break. if there is one out there.
see you all tomorrow.
Nancy

No comments: