Saturday, May 3, 2008





Saturday May 3, 2008






The parrot quilt.

This quilt is so big I really do not have a surface large enought to take the entire picture of it unless I go outside and spread it on the front lawn.

The pattern I used for this was to show off the material, and it is a fast easy quilt pattern for a gift.

I have to still add boarders to it and then off to Laurie Daneills to get it quilted. Fox Creek quilting is her business, she does amazing great work.

Contact her at (619) 445-5930.

I learned along time ago, about trying out new quilters. I am rather fussey about who does my quilting. About 2 years ago I sent a quilt to a new quilter and she did not have a stitch regulator and when I got the quilt back I cryed for a week. Thats is how long it took me to take out the messy stitches.

Last night 2 of my friends took me out to dinner for my birthday, which is on Sunday May 4. Doreen, one the girls who was at dinner is having her birthday today, so it was a double birthday dinner. We had a great time.

It was so funny. For Doreen I gave her a vintage beaded candle holder I found in this antique store. Doreen gave me a beautiful glass cat candle holder. We were both laughing so hard we hurt.

Doreen has to drive back to Yuma Ca. today. It was really great to see her.

Try to sew a few stitches today. I am off to the Quilted Rose to work today.

It is Saturday so I think it will be busy.

See you later.

Nancy



No comments: