Monday, March 25, 2013

The Garden Quilt

Hi,
Today is March 25th, 2013.  It always makes me happy when I have one minute to sit down and blog.
I have been working on the Spring Garden Quilt. It was a Disappearing 4 patch quilt. The instructions to make the Block can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA-10A_Uc6k 
I have been using mainly Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
And here is a great place to get his fabrics: http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-shop-by-designer-kaffe-fassett-cotton-print-fabric.aspx
It is fun to find new places on the web to find great prices on nice fabric.
For me when I take a picture of my quilt I can see all the mistakes, that when it is on the wall I miss. The black and white dot square has to go. I need more blues. 
March has also brought me to a new sewing sit and sew at Cozy Quilt Shop in El Cajon Ca.
Some old friends and some new Friends are there and it is so nice to have a whole entire day to sit and sew.
The first time I went I got so much done it was amazing. I came home exhausted, I had to take a nap and rest up before I could make dinner.
It is amazing how when the winter months end, everything seems to come to life in the garden. All the bulbs are all blooming, the fruit trees have buds on them, The vegetables I plants months ago are ready to be harvested.
All is sweet on the Grden front.

The quilt room, well that is another story, It is now and will always be a mess.  I know right where everything is, atleast I did last week, ask me for something this week and I may have to look for awhile.
Well the lawm mower is calling my name, so I better get off the computer and hit the garden again.
Have a great day.
Nancy 

No comments: