Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013 --- Where has the time gone

OM Gosh,
I have been so busy with the holidays and then things after that I have not been here since Nov 8, 2012

My friend Diane's mother was here from the eastern part of the United States over the holidays and that took a great deal of time visiting her while Diane was at work.  We had alot of fun together and went on some great trips.

I gave away 2 quilts for christmas, both ladies loved them.

December 5th I fell and broke my right leg. That has been fun. 
There is always stuff to do at the apartments and rentals.

I started my new Garden Quilt.
Well life is just so busy, I do not know how I ever found time to work full time.
Here are some Quilt Acronyms.



As you know, as quilters we're pretty good at coming up with short set of letters to explain quilting terms - I mean, we've all got UFO's, right?  And we happily use FQ's in our quilts or bags too.

Try googling quilt acronyms, and you'll find some like these:
(Not so familiar, but very clever)


HSY Haven't Started Yet

PHD Project Half Done (yes - we all have PHD's behind our names!!!)

WIM Work In Mind

WIVSP Work in Very Slow Progress

TOAD Trashed Object Abandoned in Disgust

PIG Project In Grocery bag

USO Unstarted Object

STASH Special Treasures All Secretly Hidden (!!!)

SABLE Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy


And my favourite..

FART Fabric Acquisition Road Trip ( so can we call previous trips Old farts???)

WOMBAT Waste Of Money Batting And Time
 





No comments: