Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009 Scrappy Squares

This is 1/4 th of the finished quilt.
It will end up on a Queen size bed.
I am hoping for about 2-3 borders. Really I ran out of the dark gold with the leafs on it, so now boarders will make up the difference and add more interest... so I think. This quilt started out as stars, but well here is the almost finished not star quilt.
I went to 3 different quilt store looking for something to go along with this quilt, no luck, so my stash will have to find something.

The air conditioner I bought at Costco this saturday is going back, it just is not powerful enough to make much of a difference, and the amount I paid for it was too much also.
Plus my man friend had a cow, and monkey, and a kitten when I told how much i paid for it.....So if nothing else to keep peace in the house, it gets returned. I hope when I get back peace will again reside in the house....one never knows when you are dealing with men, I often think it is better to not tell the WHOLE truth to men, in the end it work out better and be more peaceful!

Long Beach Quilt show is coming up, but I am staying away.....Do not want to go and end up with more projects.. I am still trying to clean the sewing room. I turned down a winning basket of goodies from a quilt run, just did not want to bring more stuff home, told the shop owner to pick someone else new to quilting who needs stuff.
Well after all my running around town today, I'll be back in the sewing, quilt room, hopefully.....If not I'll let you know.
Nancy

No comments: