Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday July 2, 2009,

Yesterday I got another lesson in hiring people to work on the apartments. I hired a friends son, usually a total NO, NO, which it turned out to be again. On the phone he agreed to work for $15.00 hour, I should of written it down and had him sign it... in the end he said "Oh I only work by the job... At the end of less than 3 hours he wanted $80.00 dollars which equals== $26.00 an hour.
AND he thinks he is coming back again today to finish something which should of been done the first day. I know times are hard, but.... no more.
In my days of doing a job, I agreed on a wage and stuck to it. These young people want everything handed to them...............and THINK that they deserve it. I went to college, got a degree and worked at my profession for 40 years without many problems.

So today I go finish the work that I already paid for and should of been done yesterday.
I did not get a single stitch sewn, not a single floor in the house cleaned, but today is another god given beautiful day and so I'll start fresh.
Coffee is made and it tastes great, the sunrise was wonderful and very colorful so I'll just start over.
The long beach Quilt show starts tomorrow, I think I'll drive up for one day on friday.
Have a great day.
Nancy

No comments: