Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday quilt Run

Sunday after church I went on a 2 store Quilt Run.... First to Memory Lane Quilt shop and saw this great flower quilt that I just had to have. So I bought some of the material, and came home and started cutting and sewing. I needed another project like ............................well you know.
But Nothing like have 45 projects going at one time. The new project is called "Natural Splendor" by Cynthia Coulier. It will look different when I get done, because I will add embroidery designs into the quilt pattern as I always like to change things a little so they look different,

Later in the afternoon I went out into the yard to water and found some cantaloupes growing in in the compost pile and so I have about 5 large ones almost ready to eat. What joy.
Life in the retirement world is different from what I always dreamed. Today I get to go over and fix a shower enclosure. The apartment building is great fun always, never know when there will be a problem. I know it is best not to wine, boo hooo, I am lucky to have what I have.
Well it is almost 8:00 am and I to get running so I can go be an an apartment manager and fix, fix fix. Hopefully this afternoon I can come home and sew..... then tonight at 5:3o i'll be off to Canyon Quilters meeting, where I am the new Membership person.
Have a great day.

No comments: