Monday, February 16, 2009

Feb 16, 2009


Hi,
It has been
a very busy time for me. After the

Holidays were over I got very busy with life and family. Things are just settling down I am starting an new project with Judy Laquidara from (http://www.patchworktimes.com) Patchwork times. It is her Quilting Along group and promises to be fun.The name of the quilt is "Bears in the Farmhouse".

Judy lives in Missouri. I live in San Diego california, so as I am typing this in California time it is 7:30 pm.. but in Missouri it is around 10:30 pm.

Judy always has really great instructions that are easy to follow and understand.
So there are the colors for the quilt.In the picture above. The fabric is from my stash.. and it is large.
My quilting room is a large room above the 2 car garage and measures about 30 feet by 30 feet.
My family calls the room
"The forbidden room". No one is allowed in the room except quilters. Other people simply do no understand all the fabric and quilts hanging on the walls. I have a set of double door that can be closed so visitors can not see down the hall into the room. So that makes it nice. I am afraid if some of my non quilter friends saw the room they would run out screeming and call 911 and try to get me help. San Diego has a great Mental health facility and I would probably end up there...!
Well my furries(cats) are calling me to the dinner table. It has been raining here in San Diego all day and the kitties want some chicken from the chicken soup I made today in the crock pot. The cats can smell the chicken and just know what it is.
I'll try to write more often.
Have a great evening. Go sew something.
Bye for now
Nancy






No comments: