Friday, February 20, 2009

Feb 20, 2009

Hi,
What a day I had yesterday. I went up to Mission Hills in San Diego. A neighbor who lives next door to my Mothers house wanted to go adopt a new cat. He is 97 years old, but lives in a home by himself. He has an electrical scooter he uses to get around the neighborhood and to the store.
He does not think he is old and certainly does not act old.
Petsmart on Sports arena blvd would not let him adopt a cat because they said he was too old.
so off to the San Diego humane society or Department of Animal Services we went.
I told them right off we were there to take a cat home and if there were any problems about his age I would call the Senior citizens abuse counsel. No Problem. My friend Gene wanted a black and white short haired female cat about 5 years old. We interviewed about 5 cats and finally after 4 hours settled on a cat. He is happy, I was exhausted. the cat got a nice new home with plenty of room to roam. I came home and passed out. I was there from 10:30 am until 4:30 pm and did not get home until after 5:00pm.
My plan to work on the quilt from Judy Laquidara went out the door. By the time I finished making dinner and cleaning up it was after 8:00pm and I went to sleep.
Well that was my day, How was your day?
Nancy

No comments: